Monday 11 May 2015

Antipasti Skewers

Both Mr BWFT and I are politics junkies, and as such were up until 5AM Friday morning watching the general election results come in (and then were up again at 7AM to go into work).


Before falling asleep on the couch we spent the beginning of the evening at an election party. I hate showing up to a party without bringing something along, and as this evening called for coffee and caffeine rather than alcohol, I decided to bring along snacks instead.

These antipasti skewers proved to be the most popular of the absurd volume of food we had amassed considering the number of people present.

This is, I suppose, less of a recipe, as it requires no cooking, but more inspiration for assembly.


Recipe
Semi-hard cheese (I've used Monte Veronese)
Cherry tomatoes
Basil
Salami (I've used Spianata Romana 
Fresh, pitted olives 
Toothpicks or short skewers (I picked these up in my local Chinese grocer)

Instructions
Cut cheese into small cubes. Slice salami into strips, if possible. String ingredients on skewers. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment